We are helping members adapt to a changing world so they can compete and succeed.
A lot has changed since before the COVID-19 pandemic. What do those changes mean for business?
This extended series will explore how the COVID-19 pandemic and other dynamics are changing how we work, and by extension how we live, learn, travel, shop, and play—not just this year, but into the future.
The series will combine world-class research and analysis with storytelling from top business and government leaders as they adapt to a changing world. Participants will gain a deeper and broader understanding of trends that will have a material impact on their business and personal lives. This series is produced by the Greater Washington Board of Trade and most sessions will be available to the entire Greater Washington business community in support of our region’s ongoing growth and development.
The Future of Digital Infrastructure and Connectivity
Tuesday, July 27, 2021 from 9:00 – 10:00am | Watch the Recording or Read the Summary
Participants discussed how innovations in digital connectivity can transform lives for those on the other side of the digital divide and reviewed how the region is adopting new technologies and advancing digital access.
The Future of Commercial Real Estate
Wednesday, September 29, 2021 from 9:00 – 10:00 AM | Register Here
Not only do we need to adapt to new physical infrastructure planning, but we also must consider resulting challenges in areas like transportation and workplace, including new expectations for the work experience—how we design and use space, new technology platforms, shifting cultural norms, emphasis on health and wellness, and more. In this webinar, we will hear from experts on how three major pillars feed into the commercial real estate ecosystem and what is being done to address: physical infrastructure; workplace operations and human experience; and coordinated public-private engagement.
- Ben Safran, DC-based Partner, McKinsey & Company (Moderator)
- Chris Camarra, Partner, Holland & Knight
- Paul Reddick, SVP of Strategy, Product & Business Development, Crown Castle
- Evan Regan-Levine, Executive Vice President, JBG Smith
Future Sessions – Details to be Announced
- The Future of Retail and Commerce: October 2021
- The Future of Workforce Training & Education: January 2022
- The Future of Transportation & Mobility: March 2022
- The Future of Business Travel & Tourism
- The Future of Wellness & Quality of Life
- The Future of Culture, Sports, & Entertainment