We’re building a regional economy where everyone can thrive.
The Greater Washington region is prosperous, but that prosperity is not shared fairly with all its residents. Too many individuals are excluded from quality education, employment, and other drivers of personal advancement due to systemic racism, ableism, and other wrongful barriers. The Board of Trade is committed to helping member organizations adopt robust and high-impact diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies so that this business community can be a driver of positive change.
Racial & Social Equity Webinar Series
This webinar series convenes leading experts on corporate diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) to explore the drivers of exclusion and inequity (including racism, ableism, other types of bias, underinvestment in communities of color, and outdated corporate practices) and explore actionable strategies for how this region’s leaders can create positive change.
This series is sponsored by Cigna, Comcast, and EY and is produced in partnership with Grads of Life.
- Understanding the Opportunity Divide and its Impact on Corporate America
Tuesday, February 9, 2020 | Watch the recording >>
- Achieving Health Equity: What Employers Should Know
Thursday, March 25, 10:00 – 11:00 AM | Watch the recording >>
- Opportunity Talent and the Value of Investment
Tuesday, April 13, 10:00 – 11:00 AM | Watch the recording >>
- The Digital Divide and Our Economic Competitiveness
Wednesday, May 5, 10:00 – 11:15 AM | Watch the recording >>
- Your Organization and Its Community
June – date and registration coming soon.
Other Thought Leadership Activities
- March 29, 2021: Larysa Kautz, President & CEO of Melwood, explains why appreciating and accommodating differences in how our minds operate (“neurodiversity”) is an important part of any diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy. Read the interview >>
- September 29, 2020: Dr. Laura Morgan Roberts, professor at the University of Virginia and author of Race, Work, and Leadership, presented her research on how racial dynamics show up in the workplace in a TD Bank Morning Star Speaker Series event. Watch the recording and read the summary >>
- June 24, 2020: The Board of Trade convened a panel of leaders who are fighting for racial equity in the DMV to discuss how we can build a more fair and inclusive economy in an event titled “Working for Economic Equity in the DMV.” Watch the recording and read the summary >>
- June 3, 2020: Jack McDougle, President & CEO of the Board of Trade, responded to nationwide protests in response to the killing of George Floyd in a letter to members. Read the letter >>