- This event has passed.
Regional Emergency Preparedness Briefing
Jun 21 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The effects of climate change are intensifying storms and wreaking havoc across the globe. Aging power grid infrastructure cannot keep up with increased demands and peak usage. In April, a tornado touched down in Tysons. Flash flooding occurs nearly every time a major rainstorm rolls through our area. A few years ago, we had an earthquake that sent the entire region scurrying out of buildings into the streets.
How would your business respond to any breaks in services such as water or electricity caused by a range of emergencies from natural to man-made? How can businesses better mitigate losses from potential threats and disasters? Now more than ever, businesses and enterprises need to be planning for emergencies and focusing on resiliency. In this briefing, top regional experts on emergency preparedness will discuss potential threats to the business community and the best practices for mitigation and recovery.
- Licy DoCanto, Managing Director, Washington, D.C. & APCO Mid-Atlantic, APCO Worldwide (Facilitator)
- Clint Osborn, Chief of Operations, Operations Division, DC Homeland Security & Emergency Management Agency
- Jim Sheaffer, Chairman, Board of Directors, American Red Cross, National Capital Area
- Marc Barbiere, Director, Office of Emergency Management, Georgetown University
ABOUT THE EMERGING ECONOMIC THREATS SERIES:
We are currently seeing an escalation of numerous, interconnected threats that will impact business across the region. These threats are evolving rapidly, and regional leaders need to prepare. In addition to the many risks resulting from the pandemic and long-term risks such as climate change, we are now confronted with serious economic concerns. In this new series focused on Emerging Economic Threats leading experts will help us cut through the daily headlines.
The series will examine the following tracks:
- Capital Market Volatility
- Inflation & Supply Chains
- Cyber Security
- Regional Emergency Preparedness
- Energy & Resource Constraints
- Workforce Technology
Additional topics will be covered as trends and threats evolve and change.