- This event has passed.
Candid Conversations: Advancing Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities
Oct 26, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Join us for the second Candid Conversation about advancing opportunities for individuals with disabilities and enabling inclusion throughout the workplace, so that all employees can prosper together. Experts will share their personal journeys, passion for inclusion and making change, and discuss topics such as:
- Maximizing the potential of workers with disabilities, now and post-pandemic.
- Reducing barriers that persist for persons with disabilities such as the lack of psychological safety, transparency, and trust.
- The importance of leadership as a key culture factor, beyond accessibility and accommodations, that plays a role in increasing success and belonging.
- Chris Wheedleton, Senior Vice President, Employment Programs, Easterseals (Moderator)
- Zachary Bastian, Manager, Strategic Alliances, Verizon
- Laurie Henneborn, Managing Director, Accenture
- Judy Heumann, International Disability Rights Advocate
- Meg O’Grady, National Director of Veterans Employment, U.S. Department of Labor
About the Candid Conversations Webinar Series
In this three part webinar series, we will explore accessibility in the workplace and it’s impact on our region’s inclusive economic growth. The series is brought to you by our Knowledge Partner Accenture and Supporting Sponsor Verizon and in partnership with Easterseals DC MD VA.