2020 Annual Meeting
Dec 04 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
The 2020 Annual Meeting will be held virtually on Friday, December 4 from 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM. Every year, this is an important meeting for our members to review this network’s accomplishments and discuss the agenda for the year ahead.
We strongly encourage all Board of Trade members to attend. This event is only open to Board of Trade members. All members on our mailing list have been emailed the link to register. Email [email protected] to be sent this link if you have not yet received it. There is no charge, and upon registering, you can add the meeting to your calendar.
- Learn about how we pivoted our programs and operations to respond to COVID-19 and the difference it made to this business community, thanks to the support of members like you.
- Hear from a panel of business leaders and experts on what it will take to get our economy back on its feet in 2021.
- Participate in the more than 130-year-old tradition of welcoming the new Board of Directors and hearing from the incoming Board Chair.
Event begins at 11:00 AM
Jack McDougle, President & CEO, Greater Washington Board of Trade
Review of the Board of Trade’s Accomplishments in 2020
This was a big year with high stakes. Our Board Officers will recap the Board of Trade’s biggest achievements and outcomes.
- Dave Velazquez, President & CEO, Pepco Holdings / Chair of the Board of Directors for the Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Jermaine Johnson, Executive Vice President, Corporate Banking, PNC Bank / Treasurer for the Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Marc Blakeman, President – Mid-Atlantic States, AT&T / Assistant Treasurer for the Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Keith Hennessey, President, Bechtel Enterprises / Assistant Treasurer for the Greater Washington Board of Trade
- John Stalfort, Managing Principal, Washington DC Office, Miles & Stockbridge P.C. / General Counsel for the Greater Washington Board of Trade
Panel Discussion: Our Path Towards Economic Recovery
We will explore the factors that impact recovery and how public and private sector actors can be most effective. Our goal is to help members form realistic expectations for the months ahead so that they can make smart, strategic decisions.
Moderator: Nora Gardner, Senior Partner, McKinsey,
- Larry Di Rita, Greater Washington D.C. Market President, Bank of America
- Ruth Williams-Brinkley, Regional President, Kaiser Permanente
- Tony Lewis, Vice President, Public Policy, Verizon
Case Studies on Business Resilience
The following members will give brief remarks on how their companies are managing disruptions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Susan Lacz, CEO & Principal, Ridgewells
- Evan Regan-Levine, Executive Vice President, JBG Smith
Presentation of Nominees and Personal Remarks
Dave Velazquez, President & CEO, Pepco Holdings / Chair of the Board of Directors for the Greater Washington Board of Trade
Incoming Chair Remarks
Rosie Allen-Herring, President & CEO, United Way of the National Capital Area / Chair-elect of the Board of Directors for the Greater Washington Board of Trade
Event Concludes at 12:15 PM
The 2020 Annual Meeting is presented by